15 March 2017
Lake Restoration Project
Over the past year the Council has been working on a project to improve Woodford Park lake and its environs. We have appointed landscape architects LandShape Design and carried out various surveys on the water quality, surrounding trees and wildlife in and around the lake.
We now have an improvement plan which includes the following;
- Reduce overshading trees and hedging at the eastern end
- Reduce levels of silt
- Reinforce eroded banks with marginal planting
- Utilise the silt to create reed beds and an area for native flowering plants
- Create a platform and boardwalk through the new wildlife habitat
- Improve the pathways and seating around the lake
- Return the fenced wooded area at the western end of the lake back to the park
We will be carrying out consultations with residents through our annual residents survey, online on our website and on site consultation days on 6th and 8th April between 10am and 2pm. We are also looking to include volunteers wherever possible so if you are interested in knowing more about the project or how to get involved, please get in touch.
Click to below to view the plan
Consultation questionnaires can be returned by email to email@example.com or by post to the Council Offices in the Oakwood Centre.