Lake Restoration Project
Over the past year the Council has been working on a project to improve Woodford Park lake and its environs. We have appointed landscape architects LandShape Design and carried out various surveys on the water quality, surrounding trees and wildlife in and around the lake.
We now have an improvement plan which includes the following;
- Reduce overshading trees and hedging at the eastern end
- Reduce levels of silt
- Reinforce eroded banks with marginal planting
- Utilise the silt to create reed beds and an area for native flowering plants
- Create a platform and boardwalk through the new wildlife habitat
- Improve the pathways and seating around the lake
We will be carrying out consultations with residents through our annual residents survey, online on our website and on site consultation days. We are also be looking to include volunteers wherever possible so if you are interested in knowing more about the project or how to get involved, please get in touch.
Click to below to view the plan